Michele M. Messenger is Senior Counsel with Ford, Walker, Haggerty & Behar and a trial attorney. She concentrates her practice in the areas of auto/transit liability, premises liability, personal injury, insurance coverage and specializes in the defense of tow truck companies.
Ms. Messenger began her practice as defense counsel in civil cases involving insurance coverage, construction defect, rental car and transportation industry matters, transit liability, and premises liability. She also defended service industry and retail clients against ADA – disability access claims. She brought her experience in these areas to FWH&B, and used that experience to springboard into new and exciting practice areas.
Ms. Messenger is admitted to practice before all California courts, all federal courts in California, and the United States Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit. Her practice has involved cases throughout California, which requires learning and understanding not only the “local rules” of the many jurisdictions in which she practices, but also the character and personalities of the cities and their people to allow a proper and thorough assessment and evaluation of cases for her clients. Her professional memberships include the San Diego County and California Bar Associations, San Diego Defense Lawyers Association, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel and Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada.
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California , 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2012
- Graduated Cum Laude from Thomas Jefferson School of Law School, 2003
- Graduated from University of Arizona, 1994